Saturday, May 10, 2008

RIP Little Butts

I received a text message late in the afternoon last week that said "Do you mind if I bring home a baby bird?" Of course, I said "sure, why not." So Little Butts became a member of our family. This little mocking bird fell out of its nest and was being attacked by the Bennett Design shop cat, Cow-Kitty, when Chris saved it. He saved a life and was thoughtful enough to bring it home and try and nurse it back to health to release into our backyard. All I know is this bird was SOOOOO cute and it's little cheep-cheeping was enough to make anyone's heart melt. I got to watch as Chris paternal instincts kicked in and he fed Little Butts (I named it - being that we have a Big Fat Butts and Medium Butts aka the baby kitty and Nittany) with his finger with food he made himself that he researched on the internet. He even made it a little nest out of tupperware and paper towels!! Serioulsy adorable. Anyway, we went to bed and prayed for the best as we knew that for the most part, baby birds that had sustained this much trauma didnt make it through the night. I awoke at 7am and saw Little Butts nest in the sink and knew that Little Butts was no more. I am happy to say that the little bird's last night on earth was a happy one! Rest In Peace Little Butts.

No comments: