Friday, August 15, 2008

4 cm and waiting...

Sooo...yesterday morning I thought my water broke! YAY!! Why you ask, well my pants were wet and the couch was wet too! So I stood up awaiting the big "GUSH" and it never came. So I said to myself: Self, the baby's head is probably just blocking the flow of water as she is so far down. Oh well, I will wait until the contractions start." They never started, so I go on my merry way to my appointment in Dahlonega, GA (about an hour from our house). Anyway, I get a call from my good friend Jessie and tell her about the whole water breaking incident and she says: CALL YOUR DOCTOR! Okay okay, I call and they say: Can you come in right now? I said: No and that I would be in later that afternoon. My appointment goes well, people cant believe I am due in 3 days, etc..yadda yadda...Now I head to the doctors office and because of their lack of communication, I end up at the wrong office (my midwife was at the office I NEVER go to). Anyway, I end up being squeezed in to see Dr. Barett. He is SO nice. He comes in, I tell him my little story and he "checks" me. He tells me I am a "good" 4 centimeters and 80% effaced. Then he says he thinks I would no longer be pregnant within 48 hrs and at ANY sign of labor to go straight to the hospital...so here we are, 24 hours later and waiting...I am contracting, so hot sauce, a long walk, hot bath, and some other things and we'll see what happens...

1 comment:

Devon said...

Yeah LanaBean you're almost there! I am so excited for you. My Wed. prediction wasn't right; but I can't wait to hear bout your labor story!!!