Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Cats Know Something is UP!


I am sitting on my couch working like crazy and both of our cats wont leave me alone. The Fat Baby Kitty is sitting right next to me with her hand, well paw, on my and gets very upset if I move (because then she has to move, but is always touching me). Nittany is sitting next to my head looking out the window, but he NEVER spends time with me during the day. Not to mention the two of them joined Chris and I in bed last night, which is usually something only Nittany does. Oh well, its cute.

So what a weekend we had! We had our 2nd shower, this one being held in our house and hosted by the lovely and talented Terry Abromitis and I have to say, it was awesome!! The food was fantastic and we even had a Baby Bottle Beer Chug and the winner got movie tickets. How cool is that? We got alot of great stuff and a ton of diapers and wipes, which I know we will be using!!! Plus we had some out of town guests which is always nice. Jessie and her 10 week old son Liam came down from Wed-Monday and it was an EYE opener in dealing with a newborn! I do hope Jessie and James move down here as it would be nice to have one of my oldest friends near me! Lauren and her boyfriend, Brian, arrived on Friday night and it was so good to see them. They are so cute together and I hope they get engaged and married soon! Then, MY buddy Dave Kaye came on Saturday afternoon. Chris likes to THINK Dave is more his friend than mine, but that is so not true. I mean I have known Dave since my freshman year of college! Cant beat that with a stick!

Leilani Update: Her head is fully engaged in my pelvis and I am 50% effaced/thinned out. So really she can come at any time. I have gained a total of 17 pounds...YIKES! However, I am happy to say it's all belly and boobs. My midwife, based on Leilani's head size and body position, thinks that she is a "good" 5 pounds. I was SO happy to hear this as I have been telling Leilani that she is allowed to be between 6 and 7 pounds and arrive any time after August 2nd and 11th (preferably the 8th)!! I have been having some contractions but nothing that I can time or to write home about.

Anyway, I am off to get some lunch!

1 comment:

Devon said...

Yeah! I am happy for you...only 17 lbs!? That's really GOOD! I am excited for you and I can't believe it's coming up so soon.