Monday, July 7, 2008

34 weeks...

So it's official: I am ready to meet our little bean. It's not that I am uncomfortable or am ready for the pregnancy to be over. In fact, it's the total opposite. I am comfortable, feel great and can only complain about not being about to sleep on my stomach (my favorite way to sleep). We were at a BBQ this weekend for the 4th and most people thought I was 6 months pregnant and were shocked when I told them I was in my 8th month! I have gained 13 pounds and just need to be sure to not be on my feet for TOO long or the swelling takes ahold of my ankles and feet (it goes away once I put them up). However, I am SO EXCITED to see how big she is going to be (hopefully on the smaller side) and what she looks like. Alot of people can have a pretty good idea of what their child will look like, but I have NO idea. I mean even something as simple as skin tone is a COMPLETE mystery. Technically she will be 1/4 African-American BUT that can manifest itself in many ways...so I guess we'll see. In other news, Chris and I put together Leilani's swing and bouncer (I need to figure out the swing, the bouncer is awesome and will play music through an iPod, so no boring tunes for this little one. We organized the nursery and are getting more and more done around the house in anticipation of her arrival. We will be doing "Baby Laundry" after our shower in 2 weeks and then put everything away etc...Work is going well and is helping to keep my mind off of the baby and her arrival (which is good, because I need to be distracted). My last flight is this week (Wednesday-Thursday) to Memphis. Honestly I am most excited to meet her and see Chris with her. Awesome!

No comments: