Tuesday, October 7, 2008

As a New Parent...

As I new parent I have learned many things. For example, when I was 36 weeks pregnant, Jessie and her son, Liam, came down to visit and asked us to put a nightlight in the hallway so she could see at night to get to the bathroom. For some reason I could NOT sleep with that small light there. Well, now I sleep with 2 nightlights on so I can see in the middle of the night to change and/or feed Leilani.

My body does this uncanny thing were it can rock itself while I am sleeping. This means that if Leilani fusses in her sleep my arm, on its own, will reach up and rock her bassinett until she falls asleep again. I also bounce non-stop to calm her without even realizing it.

I also can go a much longer time without eating than before as Leilani comes first and if she's hungry, than OH WELL for me! Right now she is sleeping on me and I love it! Being a mommy is fantastic!

No comments: