Friday, October 10, 2008

Well...it finally happened!

I realize that Leilani is light, and has blue eyes and really light brown hair, well really a strawberry blonde sometimes, but she is MY baby. She looks just like me when she is asleep and has that unmistakable Blakey frown. Not to mention, I am not really dark to begin with and my mom is about as white as you can get. BUT while at the bank the other day, the manager looked at Leilani, looked at me and then said, in the way people do when they think they already know the answer: "Is that your baby?" To which I responded "Yes, she is." The bank manager quickly took the look of disbelief off of her face and said, "Oh, she is SO cute." Obviously I know she is cute, I mean DUH, have you looked at Chris and I, we are pretty good looking, so of course our child would be adorable, but enough about that. I thanked the bank manager for her compliment and went on about my business!

I guess my point is...WOW...what balls that lady had to ask that. On my way out of bowling last week, a lady who was hanging outside of the alley, yelled "THAT IS A FARI SKINNED BABY!" I just kept walking and didnt even acknowledge this statement. But I wanted to yell: SO WHAT and YOU SHOULD SEE HER FATHER! Blah..some people! I mean seriously.

Leilani is her own person and I think she is pefectly beautiful they way she is!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....well, m'dear, you do live in the South now. And all those Southerners think it's their right to know (and comment on) your business; and apparently on matters of race.

You know where we come from, people might wonder that crap...but they'd at least keep it to themselves.

I'm not sure which one is better...or more insulting.