Monday, October 1, 2007

IMPLANT...PLEASE IMPLANT

Soooo...we got a call on Saturday morning that of course, I missed because my phones were on silent..anyway, the nurse said that Dr. Toledo wanted to do our transfer the next day, Sunday morning at 9:45am. WHOA!! Well cool...right...then I started to freak out, but by mid-day I almost forgot about it as I was too busy going to lunch with Jenny, Veronica and Chris. Going shopping (and leaving empty handed..boo) and finally watching Willow, 300 and MallRats...I love lazy Saturday's...So Sunday morning came and we got ready and headed to the doctor's office.

We got there...and there was NOBODY there! Chris started knocking on doors and nobody answered. We were about to go back downstairs to the main office when we saw a couple leave the office, so we knew SOMEONE was there...right? Not 2 minutes later, an ultrasound tech came and got us. Her name was Portia!

We were brought back to the room, I was told to undress (a custom I am used to)...and she did this awesome ultrasound and Chris got to watch on a flat screen TV! She showed us my uterus and the lining and everything else...then she said "Let's see if the embryo's are up on the screen." There they were...and I started crying! hahaha...2 beautiful 8-cell organisms that will soon turn into 1 or 2 babies...or that's the plan anyway. So Dr. Toledo came in and was super excited about the whole thing, explained the procedure and then started. We watched the flat screen as the cathiter went in, and saw 2 tiny flashes as the embryo's were put in and then as the catheter was taken out. I had to sit with my feet up for only 5 minutes and we were good to go. Of course, Chris was squeezing my hand the whole time and I cried again.

Even more good news: We thought we only had 2 embryo's left to freeze, but we have 3. One that we thought was not going to start growing, started splitting a little late but its growing...so we will know if we have 3 embryos to freeze on Wednesday. Keep those fingers crossed...

No comments: