Sunday, November 9, 2008

Going Back to Work...She Laughs!






So tomorrow will be my first day back to work in 12 weeks...YES 12 weeks. I've had 3 months to hang out and chill with our beanie and it has been nothing short of amazing. I find myself a mix of emotions - I am a bit excited to go back to work, shower on a regular basis, speak to adults daily and the like, but then again, I dont want to miss a thing when it comes to Leilani. I love seeing her wake up, fall asleep, eat, play, discover, learn, smile and as of today LAUGH!!

That's right, she laughed today for the FIRST time!! She was sitting in her bouncy chair, looking at her stuffed friends and just LAUGHED. I looked at Chris after I let out a gasp and said "did you hear that?" He did. WOW...it was wonderful to hear, just music to my ears! These are things I dont want to miss while at work. it makes me said to realize I will only be home (most days) to be with her for 3 or 4 hours of her being awake, but I will make the most of it and of course weekends. We are very lucky to have family taking care of her until February 1st. Thank goodness for that!

In a perfect world, I could work a part-time job and still make the same amount of money...HAHAHHA...oh well. I do take comfort in the fact that what I am doing helps my family grow and be and do what we would like to do. Good thing I love my job, right?

No comments: