Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Poor Figaro

So at 5:00 am this morning my poor cat Figaro took a turn for the worst and past away. It is believed she had died from kidney disease but we do not know for sure. She didn't suffer which was good. She had been slowing down over the last few weeks and we all had hopes that she might bounce back but the powers that be had other plans for her.

For those who don't know she was my first true pet. I was 12 years old and working for free at the local animal shelter in San Antonio Texas. My father wasn't about having pets so when a litter of kittens came to the shelter while he was on business my brother and I took advantage and adopted Friskey (my bro's cat) and Figaro. She was sweet as can be from day one. She loved people.

I am now 2 weeks from turning 28 and this unfortunate event has taken place. Even though I had to leave her with my parents in VA because she probably couldn't have made the move the relationship I had with her will never be replaced. I've known that cat and she had know me for longer than any friendship I have today. 16 years is along time and I can't even remember how many life changes I've had since 12. Sorry for preaching the bad news I just felt her life should be reconized and remembered even if you didn't know her.

Chris

No comments: