Friday, September 21, 2007

Holy Follicles Batman!!!

Soooo...I went to the doc this morning and we had an ultrasound. My normal nurses weren't there, so I had a new one, whose name I have totally forgotten. Anyhoo, she looked at my Ultrasound pictures and results and exclaimed "Holy Cow girl, you have 11 follicles that are already maturing." to which I replied: "Is that good?" She said that they usually see those kinds of results on Cycle Day (CD) 6 or 7 and we are only on CD 4, so I am ahead of the curve, which means I still need to go in every morning to make sure I don't hyper-stimulate and our Egg Retrieval (ER) might be pushed up a few days (rather than CD 10) it might be closer to CD 7 or 8. So thats cool too!!

To be honest I thought we would have MUCH more, because on Monday I was told I have 41 follicles on my right ovary and 39 on the left...so we'll see what's cooking tomorrow morning and every morning there after until our Egg Retrieval!

Chris has been a trooper and was with me during all of this and is actually getting to know what things on the ultrasound are without the tech having to tell us. We are just soooo excited for this cycle and I am very hopeful that it will take and we will get a BFP (Big Freakin' Positive) on (or around) my birthday...pretty cool, huh??

No comments: