Monday, September 10, 2007

IVF Schedule...getting really excited

Okay, so I have been on Lupron for 2 weeks (14 full days) and finally was visited by Aunt Flow this morning. Chris and I went to the doctor to have an ultrasound as well as bloodwork. Our ultrasound revealed 29 follicles on the left and 30 follicles on the right...whooo..of course not all of those will get to be full eggs, but how cool is that!!! Anyway, I was told to start Bravelle to mature the eggs tomorrow morning.
That was until I got a call saying the my estrogen level was too high to start the Bravelle...sooooo now we have to Thursday to go back to the doctors office and get more bloodwork and HOPEFULLY start bravelle on Friday. If all goes according to plan, my Egg Retreival will be around the 22nd or 23rd with the Egg Transfer being on the 27th ot 28th. But we wont know for sure for another few days (6 days after taking the bravelle I go in for monitoring everyday)...
Anyway, so thats what's going on with us and the baby making front. The cool part is, we would know if we were successful right around my birthday (October 14th in case you didnt know, so we will be celebrating the night of the 13th)! Pretty neat birthday present, huh!!! I hope I get my wish!
Other than that, everything is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok I just have ONE QUESTION... how do they "retrieve" the eggs?!

BUT otherwise... YAY!!!!