Thursday, September 27, 2007

WHOA..that's a lot of EGGS!!

What a big and exciting morning it was for us. We went into the surgery center at 8am and were asked to fill out a pile of paperwork (mostly just signatures, etc..). At about 8:20am, Chris was called back to give his...well..um..."contribution". At about 8:45am, I was called back to get changed and prepped. I have to tell you, the gown and head-dress I was asked to wear was quite...fashonable...hahhaa...They then brought Chris back to go over post-operative procedure. I was told to drink tons of water, take my pain pills and eat a high protein diet. Anyhoo...at 9:40am (10 mins after our 9:30am appt), I was brought back by my nurse and said good-bye to Chris. That was sad but I was sooo excited.

Surgery began, I felt high as a kite, and then I was out...hahaha. Next thing I knew I was in recovery being told that at last count, I had 13 eggs retrieved!! How cool is that. Then the doctor who did the surgery came back and said there were actually 14!! WHOOOO...anyway, I was only in recovery for 10 mins or so, and then we were headed home.

We are both VERY excited because 14 eggs is awesome. They fertilize them today and will call us tomorrow by 1pm to see how many are growing and will call us every day until the embryo transfer. This transfer will take place either on Sunday or Tuesday. We are hoping for Tuesday, because that would be a 5-day transfer, our 3 year anniversary and a great day to get pregnant!! Not to mention, today is the 27th, Lindsay's birthday, so its good Karma all the way around!! Then our pregnancy test will be on my birthday...GOOD TIMES and FINGERS CROSSED.

1 comment:

Bee Ziegler said...

YAY ... I'll be prayin for you both. Love.